As you get ready to begin your studies, make certain that you talk to your specific department or college about meeting any requirements that affect you.
The Undergraduate Advising website provides information on:
- Your advisor—a department- or college-based faculty or staff member
- Resources that help you and your advisor track your progress
- Guides to the many majors you can choose from at UT
- Advising offices within each academic college
You will be able to register for courses after you meet with your advisor during orientation. Here’s an introduction to how the process works.
The Office of Information Technology helps you set up your devices and student accounts at UT. The Life Preserver site for new students includes information on how to:
- Get your NetID and password
- Register your devices on UT’s network
- Get Internet access on campus
- Set up and use Volmail (your UT e-mail account)
- Register your computer for your advising session
OIT also sets up a help table during Welcome Week to assist you with computer needs or issues.
Our app helps you find your way around campus anytime, stay up-to-date with the latest news and events, keep tabs on the teams, and even track the T bus system so you can catch a ride.