New Student and Family Programs Mission: The mission of New Student & Family Programs is to connect new students to the university community, inform students and parents of university resources, and create a system of support for families in order to impact student success from orientation through graduation.
Learning Outcomes for Students:
- Articulate academic expectations of students at a major public research university.
- Inform students about the history, traditions, campus cultures, and engagement opportunities to facilitate identification with and integration into the institution.
- Provide opportunities for new students to interact with fellow new students as well as experienced students, faculty, and staff.
- Prepare students to successfully navigate physical environment.
- Coordinate the processes for students to accomplish the tasks required to successfully enroll.
- Provide opportunities for experienced students to develop and practice leadership skills.
Learning Outcomes for Parents and Guests:
- Understand the academic expectations of their students at a major public research university.
- Contribute to their student’s success and support their education by becoming involved at UT.
- Develop a connection to the UT community and Knoxville area through interacting with fellow parents, administration, faculty, staff, and student leaders.
- Understand the policies related to the University of Tennessee and how these policies are enforced and addressed on campus for the student population.